Latest version details

Recent History

PayPal Checkout Cookies

Amazon Shipping VTR

#1 08-02-2019 03:07 pm

BStamps
BStamps

Collecting eBay Sales in PP

(1) Since the recent updates (including yesterdays), the contact details aren't mapping into the right fields in PP.  For example, the name now appears in the Address field of both the Delivery/Billing sections (while the Name field appears empty).  Still prints OK though.  Only noticeable when editing the address field.

(2) In the last 5 years of using PP (and all the updates), it has always struggled with Japanese addresses (the name and postcode get transposed). Only a problem if the address box is opened/edited before printing, in which case the only fix I have managed to use is to paste the name into the postcode and the postcode into the name field.  Only happens with JAPAN.

#2 08-02-2019 05:27 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Re: Collecting eBay Sales in PP

We'll have a look at (1) but (2) is by design. Japanese addresses have the postcode at the top.

#3 09-02-2019 10:34 am

BStamps
BStamps

Hi Andrew,
(1) is now working OK this morning, so I guess re-booting the PC after installing the update fixed the issue.

(2) can be a real problem if the user is not aware of the issue.  PP will always delete the postcode from the entire record if the user opens the contact details, even if the address is not edited.  This can not be right.

Just to re-iterate, if I open the contact details of a Japanese record (to clean-up or edit an address), PP automatically replaces the postcode with the addressee name which will now appear twice on the label.  PP deletes the postcode from the entire record.  I'm aware of the problem, so know to fix the error by typing the postcode from the original record into the Name field before clicking OK.  If you click OK without fixing, the postcode is lost for good.

To see/test this for yourself, double-click a Japanese address in Packing Partner and just click OK to dismiss the Contact Details box. 

#4 09-02-2019 07:13 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Sorry, I didn't realise you meant when editing the address in Packing Partner, we'll have a look at that.

Board footer