Packing Partner V3

Download Free 14 Day Trial
Home| Express| Integration| Support

#1 09-02-2019 12:01 am

Juliag

Sales (lack there of!)

Hi!  I hope it's ok to ask this on this forum as it's not PP related.  Has anyone else experienced a dramatic decline in sales?  I posted 7 parcels today and 8 yesterday, whereas the same week last year 20-25 a day.... that's a serious drop and rather scary.  I think there's a few reasons, one being that I haven't added many new items to the website lately as my partner is undergoing chemo and radio, so I am doing everything on my own..... but even so, I'm not sure this would cause such a significant decline in sales as I still have loads on the website.  How's sales for everyone else?

#2 09-02-2019 10:51 am

Shoebob1

Re: Sales (lack there of!)

Hi,

Yes there is a major decline in sales for a lot of companies at the moment in the UK. We are the same about 56% down compared to the previous years.

Hate to say it but I think it is the Brexit effect, the fact that the media are scaremongering everyone, which is having a knock on affect. Unfortunately no one really know what will happen and people are starting to hold there money. The media have a lot to answer for as they have no idea what harm they have done to the UK industry.

Anyway that out of the way yes we are down quite a lot, and whereever you look at sellers we are all in the same boat. There are a few sellers which seem to be ok but all depends on what your selling.

Cheers 

Jimmy

#3 09-02-2019 07:09 pm

Andrew
Admin

Yes, please do use this forum for anything related to online retail and fulfilment.

#4 09-02-2019 09:23 pm

Juliag

Thanks for your reply Jimmy.  Yes, I also thought it was to do with Brexit..... but just wanted to make sure it's not just me.  I can't see it getting any better when/if Brexit happens.  It's rather hard to remain optimistic. 

Thanks Andrew :)

#5 10-02-2019 05:42 pm

Shoebob1

Hi Andrew,

Yes it will get better, it doesn't help with it being the lean time of year. It's just going to take a little time to ride out the storm. 

Cheers

Jimmy

#6 11-02-2019 10:37 am

jackthehat

I must say that our sales are unaffected. We are as busy as ever. 
We anticipate that a  proper Brexit will be beneficial for our business. All exports to the EU after a real Brexit will not attract VAT therefore we can either make an extra 20% profit on those sales or reduce our prices by 20% and enjoy more orders. 
As most of our orders are low value, most of our customers in the EU will not be obliged to pay import duty or VAT on orders they place with us.
Our only concern is the way the value of the pound will react.  

#7 19-02-2019 07:11 pm

Juliag

That's a good point Jack, the VAT part is something I hadn't considered.

Board footer