Recent History

PayPal Checkout Cookies

Amazon Shipping VTR

#1 27-03-2020 10:45 am

Brilliant Inks
Brilliant Inks

Packing Partner V3.5 Issue

Hi
I was on v3.4 and had the issue with ebay not collecting titles properly so I upgraded for the fix it put me on V3.5 which is fine and seemed a lot faster at first but now its very slow, when marking items dispatched it doesn't complete them all straight away and hangs, then I cancel it takes forever for the marked current items as updated to appear and then just hangs I have to end the task eventually as it doesn't seem to do anything, this seems to use a lot of resources compared to the previous version V3.4 was working fine is it obsolete now? or is there a fix for this V3.5 
Thanks in advance
Phil

#2 27-03-2020 11:24 am

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

Re: Packing Partner V3.5 Issue

I am experiencing this too, but only in the last few versions of V3.5. I initially thought it was my PC, but was beginning to suspect it was this software. It can be working completely normally and the suddenly goes very slow and quite quickly hangs and I have to end task and restart. It is seems different to the high memory usage problems of previous versions though?

Tony

#3 27-03-2020 11:47 am

Brilliant Inks
Brilliant Inks

Yes and today this hasn't done it before when printing the items they print but the software just hangs and doesn't mark the items as printed so again have to end task something seriously up here driving me mad as its takes along time to mark them as shipped
Thanks
Phil

#4 27-03-2020 01:01 pm

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

It just did it again, I managed to close the software while it was running slow, but it was still running in the background. It was using 25% cpu & 300mb memory. I still had to end task in task manager as it was not fully closing down.

Tony

#5 27-03-2020 01:04 pm

Brilliant Inks
Brilliant Inks

Yeah same as me Tony that's what I have to do sometimes just trying to update sales and now its even starting to update Sigh! 
Phil

#6 27-03-2020 01:36 pm

Ben
Admin
Ben

Thanks for the posts. Sorry to hear you're having issues.

There do appear to be some performance issues with certain PC setups, which we are investigating.

Regarding the program not closing properly, please can you update (link) and post back if you see an improvement? We have another release planned today for a couple of other related issues, so you may want to update again a bit later.

#7 29-03-2020 01:36 pm

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

It's just done it again for me, it slowed to a crawl so I clicked the close button, it showed the new screen saving and closing down, but would not restart as it was still running in the background and I had to close via task manager.

Tony

#8 30-03-2020 03:26 pm

Brilliant Inks
Brilliant Inks

Any update on this? Ive updated to the latest version but still makesthe computer crawl The program in its current form its quite useless to me while updating Ive had to end task at least 10 times over the weekend sales have gone mad over 400 and have to keep doing this update 

#9 08-04-2020 03:34 pm

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

Thanks, this seems to have been fixed for me.

Board footer