InstallContactAboutSupport

#1 06-07-2021 12:42 pm

dingdong
dingdong

Printing & Importing C&D Labels in PP

I must be missing something really simple, but I have been going round in circles for hours so thought I'd post on here to see if anybody else can see where I am going wrong.
I have always created my C&D labels in my usual browser, printed them, and manually sent tracking numbers to customers. 
I have finally figured out how to create the labels through the Browser on PP so I can import the tracking numbers and have them sent automatically to customers through PP, however after I have imported them I can't figure out how to then print them without having to go back into the order on C&D, which is a bit of a faff.

So I create the label, then PP prompts me to 'Save', 'Import' or 'Open'.
I 'Import', then 'Confirm' the import ... then the help guide says to 'Print the imported shipping labels' ....but I can't figure out how to do this for the life of me. Anybody know what I am missing?

#2 06-07-2021 01:05 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Re: Printing & Importing C&D Labels in PP

You'll need to create a 6x4 layout template, with a label frame, then use that to print from Print>Print Layout.

#3 07-07-2021 11:56 am

dingdong
dingdong

=12.8pxThanks Andrew.
=12.8pxWhat view should I be on when I hit Print>Print Layout?
=12.8pxWhen I try to do it in Records it just says 'There are no pages to be printed'.
=12.8pxThe label I'm practicing with is definitely imported, I can see it when I click on the little label image next to the order.
=12.8pxSorry, know I must be missing something really obvious.

#4 07-07-2021 08:49 pm

Ben
Support
Ben

Assuming you have a frame on your layout that contains the label tag: {Label} then please check you have the Print Extras feature enabled in Tools>Features.

If printing to a thermal printer, then ensure you disable / set the Dithering option to None, in the printer properties. This will improve the print quality.

#5 08-07-2021 11:28 am

dingdong
dingdong

=12.8pxThanks Ben.
=12.8pxYes I have a 6x4 layout, with a text frame in it with {Label} in the frame.
=12.8pxAnd have checked and Print Extras are enabled.
=12.8pxIt must be something I've done wrong before this point which is tripping me up.

=12.8pxAm I supposed to be in the Records screen when I try to print the labels?
=12.8pxDoes it matter which View I am in within Records?
=12.8pxAnd It's Just Print>Print Layout?

=12.8pxSorry to be a pain, I can work round it for now by going into Click & Drop and printing all the labels from there afterwards whilst I try and figure out what it is I'm missing

#6 08-07-2021 11:36 am

Ben
Support
Ben

It sounds like you're almost there.

If you have a label imported, you'll see a small label icon and if applicable the tracking number will also be shown in the Updates column in the Records view. When you press Print>Print Layout, it will print either the sale records you have filtered/visible or selected ones, if you have selected any.

When you click Print>Print Layout, ensure you are choosing the correct layout from the dropdown menu, and then do Preview, do you see the label in the preview?

#7 09-07-2021 10:00 am

dingdong
dingdong

=12.8pxBen,
=12.8pxThanks for continuing to try.
=12.8pxYes when the label is imported I can see the small label icon on it, I can see the label when I click on the icon, and the tracking number is in the updates column.
=12.8pxWhen I go to Print>Print Layout I make sure the label printer is selected and then select the label layout I have created and whether I hit 'Print' or 'Preview' I get the same error message ...=16px '=12.8px'There are no pages to be printed'.=12.8px'

=12.8pxI presume the error is in the layout I have created.
=12.8pxI have created a layout which is 100mm x 150mm and has one big text box on it with {Label} in it ... that's it.

Board footer