Recent History

PayPal Checkout Cookies

Amazon Shipping VTR

#1 13-12-2013 01:57 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Barcode System

Hi,

Would you be able to add a barcode system in PPV3 which would print a barcode on the address label so if I scanned it with a barcode scanner it would mark the order as dispatched. I would then update the sales channel as normal with the update button later. Just thought I would ask before looking elsewhere.

Cheers

Jimmy

#2 15-12-2013 05:58 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Re: Barcode System

Hello Jimmy

Yes that would be possible,  we will have a look at it for the next major release, due for spring 2014.

Andrew

#3 16-12-2013 11:17 am

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Andrew,

That's fantastic and a real time save.

Cheers

James

#4 20-12-2013 04:38 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

We already use a barcode on the address label and invoice sheet. It does allow a much faster way to dispatch our orders. We currently scan the barcode into the filter which brings up the order record. We then select the tick box to mark as dispatched. We then clear the filter and scan our next order for dispatch. Once we have scanned all orders then we click on shiping and select mark as dispatched. We do have to check the qty dispatched matches the number of orders been sent, but this speeds things up greatly.

If Andrew could automate this further it would be much appreciated.

Andrew
Elm Tree Gifts

#5 21-12-2013 01:02 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Thanks for telling me about that method. It also suggests that it may be useful to see the products when scanning.

I think I will have a look at this for the new year, rather than later.

Andrew

#6 22-12-2013 06:47 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Elm Tree,

Fantastic, It will take a little while to set up and I am 100% sure Andrew and the guys could make it a lot easier. But I have just had a little play and yes this would have help a lot over the christmas period.

I will be using this method from now on.

Thank you

James

#7 22-12-2013 07:15 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Just glad I could help. To be honest Packing Partner saves so much time it is one of our best business tools and at less than 40p per day for the full version it soon pays for its self.

#8 22-12-2013 09:57 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi,

Yeah I love PP, it's saved us loads of ime already.

I don't suppose anyone has details of a company that creates excel templates for inventory using a barcode scanner or something similar for inventory.?

Thanks

James

#9 03-01-2014 04:41 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

The latest update now allows you to scan parcels to mark them as shipped.

click here to download the update and here, for the instructions.

Andrew

#10 04-01-2014 10:22 am

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Thats great Andrew and very quickly implemented. Just one thing, we use the {SerialNo} field as our barcode, could you add this, so it can be scanned.

Many thanks

Andrew
Elm Tree Gifts

#11 06-01-2014 01:47 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

I have now added the serial number to the Scan shipped dialog, so you should now be able to scan that to identify the parcel. click here to download the update.

#12 06-01-2014 02:13 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Works perfectly.:)

Thank you Andrew

#13 12-01-2014 01:49 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi, We don't use tracking numbers on many orders so we have made a barcode that displays n/a when scan. So we scan the parcel then scan the n/a barcode and it moves to the next parcel to be scanned. works perfectly.

Thanks

James

#14 12-01-2014 02:06 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Hi James we also did the same thing with the tracking numbers, making a barcode with N/A. It allows us to whizz through the dispatching of goods. 

We have found though that Ebay seems to lock up as if it dosn't like it. Ebay removes the / in N/A and leaves the tracking number as NA. We have found that we are having to retry the updates frequently. Although this isn't an issue with packing partner, we are looking at alternatives like entering 00000000 instead.

This just seems to be a problem with ebay as our shopping cart (Open Cart) accepts the N/A.

Andrew
Elm Tree Design

#15 12-01-2014 02:16 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that.

Cheers

James

#16 12-01-2014 02:18 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Andrew@ Elm Tree,

Just a question did you do the template on ebay yourself.? Or did you get someone to do it.? Looks good.

Cheers

James

#17 12-01-2014 02:23 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

We did the template ourselves. Although it was a lot of hard work as we are not too good with html

#18 21-01-2014 04:49 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Elm Tree,

Have you managed to find away round the ebay locking up with na or 0000 etc. I have tried different options and it still locks up. So we have to manually click item dispatched on ebay and then click up date which works that way. But does slow it down a bit, but it's only on ebay that has this problem.

Cheers

James

#19 21-01-2014 04:55 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Hi James. Unfortunately not. Although we have found that once you scan the first barcode the curser automatically moves for inputting the 2nd tracking barcode. If you press the enter key on your keyboard it will then accept the order for dispatch. The curser will then be back at the first for the next order.

Hope this helps.

Andrew
Elm Tree Gifts

#20 21-01-2014 05:37 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. That's a shame. I've just put tried entering NOTRACKINGINFO in the order on ebay and it's accepted it. I've just got to try it on a live ebay order with the barcode scanner.

Cheers

James

#21 21-01-2014 05:40 pm

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Let me know how you get on.

#22 21-01-2014 05:44 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Yeah will do. Once I've done the orders tomorrow.

Cheers

James

#23 21-01-2014 11:43 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

The best solution would be not to scan anything when there is no tracking ID.

When there is no tracking ID, just press Enter or Tab or click the tick button.

It takes an additional 3-5 seconds for eBay to accept each tracking ID.

Andrew

#24 22-01-2014 02:39 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Andrew Elm tree,

Unfortunately didn't work. It just seems to hang???? Strange really as I can actually add NoTrackingNumber into my tracking information in ebay manually but I have to add the courier e.g. Royal mail in the next box and that works fine. So why won't it add it via the scanner when I can do it manually.? Tomorrow I will send a parcel tracked and scan in a real tracking number and see if this woks. Not sure if it's a glitch some where. Have you added a tracking number via the scan using barcode mode.?

Andrew PPV3, Yeah that will work but to be honest it can slow things down having to press the tab/enter button while scanning. It's pretty hard having about 50 parcels on your desk and then having to reach over and press the tab/enter key everytime you scan. What about a tick box next to the tracking box at the top were the tracking box could be disabled. I only have about 1 tracked parcel per month.

Thanks

James

#25 23-01-2014 10:37 am

Elm Tree
Elm Tree

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have sent a tracked parcel and can confirm that it does work via Ebay.
As with you 99.9% of our parcels are sent none tracked. It would be great if there was a tick box or a second option on the shipping tab. For example 'Scan tracked' and then another 'Scan Non tracked'.

Board footer