InstallContactAboutSupport

#1 18-12-2020 03:39 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

No-Compliant Customs Data

I have received an email from Royal Mail saying that the customs data I am supplying is not compliant because I am missing the fields 'Postage Cost' and 'Sender Country'
Will these fields be added to the Click & Drop import file soon?
I currently use a lookup table to supply the HS Codes for my SKU's. 'Sender Country' can be part of this lookup table (or perhaps a default for all) but 'Postage Cost' will need to be supplied from the sales channel.

#2 18-12-2020 03:45 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Re: No-Compliant Customs Data

We are sending all the mandatory data to C&D, including carriage (Postage cost).
Sender country is part of your user account settings.
Have you created an manual entries, where postage cost was not entered?

#3 18-12-2020 04:03 pm

ThingimijigsRach
ThingimijigsRach

hi, Andrew

I have just had this as well, with exactly the same issue, ... which is worrying 

I always use Click and drop, and pull through from Packing Partner , I do not create mail manually.?   - the email is below, is there a way, I can send you a file, so you can see what has gone through?
Dear Rachael

As a business with customers outside the UK, we trust you are now making your final preparations for 1 January 2021. As you will know from our previous communications, from this date your international items* may NOT be delivered by postal organisations abroad, unless they are accompanied by electronic advance customs data, plus an S10 barcode.

The easiest way to provide the correct information is to use the latest version of an approved shipping platform. Please visit our landing page for further advice.

Based on the Government’s current advice, from 1 January 2021, a customs declaration (CN22 or CN23) and accompanying customs data will be required for items/goods leaving the UK.   Getting ready is your responsibility

To support you in this process we have been monitoring your customs data, to identify areas of non-compliance. Please see details of the fields that you are not consistently completing below. In order to be fully compliant you need to resolve the following issues:Postage CostSender Country

The data field(s) that you are failing on relates to the international shipments sent over the last full month, prior to this communication, which includes items to Europe. If you have already taken steps to be electronic customs data compliant, please ignore this email.

#4 18-12-2020 05:08 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

Mmm. In the export file PP has a field 'Shipping Cost' but there is no 'Sender Country'.

However, the email from Royal Mail is looking for a field 'Postage Cost' and not 'Shipping Cost'.

Looks like the PP field Shipping Cost may have to be re-mapped to C&D field Postage Cost - but when I try to re-map it is not showing either of the 2 new fields anyway. Looks like Royal Mail may have sent out this email too early before C&D import has been updated with these fields.

Lastly - you say Sender Country is part of user account settings. Is that in PP or C&D as I can't find this setting in either?

#5 18-12-2020 05:14 pm

Ben
Support
Ben

There is only Shipping Cost. The Sender Country is in Click and Drop settings. Click here to see our post for more information.

RM state that they've looked at data of shipments in the last month.

#6 18-12-2020 05:45 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

Yes - I now think the email from Royal Mail is incorrect. PP is supplying a Shipping Cost.
I have emailed Royal Mail International support asking them for clarification and will post here if I get a response.

#7 19-12-2020 11:04 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

That's the conclusion we came to. The fields that RM say are wrong, are all included in the upload.

We have a post about it here: http://aimcosoftware.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=697

Also for latest on Brexit issues in general, please see here: http://aimcosoftware.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=698

#8 29-12-2020 11:32 am

ThingimijigsRach
ThingimijigsRach

hi Andrew, I will send you an email with the latest information / file I have from Royal mail - as I am not sure that I am compliant (and not sure how to check)

#9 30-12-2020 10:45 pm

Ben
Support
Ben

OK thanks. Other users have had it confirmed they received the email in error and that they are compliant, but it's worth checking everything.

Board footer