InstallContactAboutSupport

#1 24-07-2021 12:47 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Amazon VTR

Hi, 

I was using royal mail first class with no tracking number. Now amazon are saying you need a 2d barcode, is that the one ppv3 collects from click and drop that can be uploaded to royal mail.??

Also to be exempt now it looks like you have to select the stamps/franked mail option.??

This is driving me nuts, any help gratefully received

Thanks
Jimmy

#2 25-07-2021 06:55 pm

Ben
Support
Ben

Re: Amazon VTR

Thanks for the post.

If you're still using PPI, then you'll need to change to 2D barcoded services anyway due to RM withdrawing PPI.

If you're sending Royal Mail using 24 or 48, then you need to upload the tracking numbers, or they are automatically considered invalidIf you're sending Royal Mail using 24 or 48, and you're wanting to put them through as "other" pr some other exempt RM serivce*, you shouldn't because it is circumvention and they will likely heavily penalise you,*We believe the only VTR exempt services from RM are stamps / franking. I'm not sure that the "2nd class" etc are exempt any more as it was being abused

Amazon are fully aware RM are not scanning this percentage on delivery. To ensure > 95% VTR, you would need to buy the RM labels via Amazon (which you can do with Packing Partner).

#3 29-07-2021 08:35 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Ben,

We use click and drop 1st class large letter, but the 2d barcode is classed as invalid VTR. We only send 1st class as the items are about £11 so it's not viable to have a tracked service for the item as customers won't pay the extra £3 for a tracked service on a £11 item.

So now we are using 1st class stamped/franked option and will have to see how it goes. Due to the 1st class 2d barcode we are now down to 40%. 

This is a real pain at the moment and we are stuck as to what to do.?

Thanks

James

#4 29-07-2021 11:23 pm

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

If you buy shipping labels from Amazon, via Packing partner, then 1st class LL will count towards your VTR.

The prices are the same as your OBA account, you just need to link it in Amazon. See here, under Royal Mail Labels via Amazon.

#5 30-07-2021 12:43 am

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply, what a nightmare, I went to the Link your OBA account to Amazon from here: link, click link filled out the details as to what I thought they were and it just says I have an error and could be account number or postcode. 

I have a click and drop account and an OBA account that link together. I have used the details but no luck. Who do I contact roylamail or oba, or do you have a video or know of one which shows how to get all your details etc.?

Thanks

James

#6 30-07-2021 07:49 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Sorry, we don't have any details on that it's usually simple.

You do need to use your OBA account number, it's not connected to Click & Drop.

#7 30-07-2021 09:48 am

Ben
Support
Ben

Just to follow up on Andrew's comment - Amazon sometimes provides a generic error when trying to submit that form.

We've seen it happen if the account number is incorrect, if the phone number has spaces in it, and also if the account name doesn't match the name on OBA.

If no joy you'd need to open a case with Amazon support, and I'd recommend you include a screenshot of the completed form, showing the error at the top.

Board footer