InstallContactAboutSupport

#1 14-10-2021 09:43 pm

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

Customer in Norway had to pay vat again on receipt (from ebay sale)!

I have just had a customer who has had to pay vat/customs (£25) on receipt of their order purchased via ebay even though it was already paid through ebay on purchase. We have everything set up correctly with IOSS details entered with the label showing the IOSS logo!

The customer was told that this has happened because the package was not marked with a 7-digit VOEC number!
What is this, how do I stop this happening again?

Tony

#2 14-10-2021 11:06 pm

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

Re: Customer in Norway had to pay vat again on receipt (from ebay sale)!

After looking into this, he seems to be correct and we need to print it on the package.

I have just noticed the following line is part of the delivery address in ebay: VOEC NO:2024926 Code:Paid

Unfortunately this was not collected as part of the address within PP and therefore not printed on the label.

How can I correct this to stop it happening again?

#3 15-10-2021 07:37 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Can you please take this up with Royal Mail, as it is their responsibility to pass on the IOSS details.
The IOSS information on the address is removed and sent to Click & Drop.
Having it on the address was just a temporary solution because most of carriers were not ready to provide IOSS details digitally.
The information will be removed by eBay shortly, as it should NOT be showing on the parcel.

#4 15-10-2021 10:23 am

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

I can see the number within the click & drop order details, so it has been passed on electronically. It seems though that Norway post expect see it on the parcel itself.

I read this on Royal Mail guide to posting to Norway:How to mark consignments to Norway• Relevant information about the goods must be available to the transporter and Norwegian Customs.
• Information about the value of the goods must be included
• The supplier’s registration number (VOEC number) must be included
If you fail to comply with the rules of the VOEC scheme, the goods shipped to Norway from the supplier will be subject to taxation at the border, the carrier or forwarder will charge the customer an extra fee for customs clearance, and the delivery to the customer might take longer time.

The heading does state how to mark consignments, so I would read that has if it needs to be printed on the package?

Tony

#5 15-10-2021 10:31 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Thanks for the info.
We'll have to add a field to the layout designer to do that, because other channels don't have it in their address.
I'll work something out and let you know.

#6 15-10-2021 10:33 am

tonyrobbo
tonyrobbo

More info here: https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business … erce-voec/

You need to scroll down to the 'How to mark consignments to Norway' pdf

The relevant bit is here: Use labels CN 22 / 23 and provide the seven digit VOEC-number in the sender's address field. The VOEC-number must be labelled as "Sender's customs reference no" or “VOEC no”.
Ensure there is 2 mm clear space between the VOEC No and the line above.

I think we do need this to be included on the address for the moment at least.

Board footer