InstallContactAboutSupport

#1 10-11-2021 04:08 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

Customs Data for IOSS Orders

Im trying to find out what data should be entered on the CN22 for Value.

Some sources say any Shipping Cost should be included as a line on its own.

Amazon says any Value on the CN22 should be ex VAT.

At moment, PP does neither. If an EU customer buys an item at £12 with £6 shipping, the CN22 just says Item Value £12 - it has neither removed the tax or shows the shipping cost.

Ive been trying to find a definitive answer. So far it seems the Value should be shown ex tax but whether Shipping should be shown as its own line is not clear.

Anyway - I thought I would report it as a potential problem.

#2 11-11-2021 08:51 am

Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Re: Customs Data for IOSS Orders

As you have found, the information on this is contradictory. It definitely needs to include the VAT because, it's the total cost to the buyer.

On the (uncertain) assumption that Royal Mail are correct, we follow this

#3 12-11-2021 05:13 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

Re: Customs Data for IOSS Orders

Thats a good graphic and I have saved it for future use. Shipping cost does not need to be on the CN22 but it is not clear whether Value should be inc or ex VAT

On Amazon IOSS orders they state:The shipment of IOSS orders must meet specific customs requirements. If you are delivering directly to the customer, you must provide the Amazon IOSS VAT identification number, VAT-exclusive order value and order ID to your delivery partner or customs broker. Please visit the Tax regulations help page for more information.

However, I have noticed on my International orders, PP enters a VAT-inclusive Value on my Amazon orders, yet a VAT-exclusive Value on my eBay orders.

We could do with finding out for sure if Value should be ex or inc VAT and then make sure all orders from whichever marketplace fills in the CN22 correctly. 

Just to be clear -  I do not use PP to generate my CN22 but get RM to do it for me - just in case that makes a difference.
 The shipment of IOSS orders must meet specific customs requirements. If you are delivering directly to the customer, you must provide the Amazon IOSS VAT identification number, VAT-exclusive order value and order ID to your delivery partner or customs broker. Please visit the Tax regulations help page for more information.

Board footer