Recent History

PayPal Checkout Cookies

Amazon Shipping VTR

#1 03-10-2019 01:13 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Royal Mail OBA No VAT

Hi,

I currently use BPL code to send my small and large parcels via royal mail which does not have VAT added. 

But they are scrapping that code soon and said I must move onto SU1 which adds VAT onto the postage. I am not VAT registered but I can send large letters using the code UNG which is no VAT but not parcels.?

Told me I need to use SU1 or move to a shipping solution.?

I have no idea what to do, can anyone give me any advice.

Thanks

James

#2 03-10-2019 02:34 pm

Ben
Admin
Ben

Re: Royal Mail OBA No VAT

Thanks for the post James.

The following link may be useful: https://www.royalmail.com/newproductcodes

It sounds like you are currently using OBA and affixing PPI labels to the parcels.

I'm not 100% sure whether there is a parcel code that doesn't attract VAT, you'd need to check with your RM account manager. If you can use UNG and find a non-VAT parcel code, then it seems you can continue with PPI and daily OBA entry if you wish.

The shipping solution they refer to is Click and Drop, which Packing Partner integrates with. You essentially tell Packing Partner how you want to send your orders using Shipping Rules (or manually) and then create shipping labels.

In your Shipping Rules, or Amend Carrier when editing manually, you would specify the code and item format etc. for each order.

If you are considering the move to 2D barcoded labels, and need some help, we can offer advanced support on the setup.

#3 03-10-2019 03:07 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply, Yeah we use PPI, click and drop I have an account but not used it? Would I need to get a thermal printer?

How easy is it to integrate into PPV3.? is there any videos on how to add or use it with PPV3.?

Thanks

James

#4 03-10-2019 03:15 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Hi,

Also another question, the click and drop is that the same cost as PPI or cheaper/dearer.?

Thanks

James

Last edited by Shoebob1 (03-10-2019 03:16 pm)

#5 04-10-2019 02:19 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

I think C&D is either the same or cheaper than PPI. You will be given a price depending on amount sent. 
However, although you will have to outlay the initial cost of a 6x4 thermal printer, Royal Mail give you the labels foc and you won't have to buy the PPI ones. I am assuming you will move to the Parcel 24/48 services - in which case all your parcels will be sent with a barcode and so you can check if delivered or not (its not full tracking - just on delivery) so claims from customers for lost parcels are rarer.

Board footer