InstallContactSupport

#1 06-01-2020 10:37 pm

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

what website provider.

Hi,

Currently, we use EKM for our website, but after a few issues, we are now looking at different options.

Does anyone have any recommendations, we are only a small company and don't turn over a great deal but looking for different options.

Thanks

James

#2 07-01-2020 09:06 am

Ben
Support
Ben

Re: what website provider.

I expect other users can provide some good info, but if it helps, Shopify appears to be popular and seems to be easy to use.

#3 14-01-2020 09:01 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

We moved from EKM to a Woocommerce site.
As Woocomerce is Open Source you can add on many third party apps to customise to suit your needs.
There is one for example that will create your products in Woocomerce by importing them from eBay.
Its probably not the easiest but it is much more configurable than Shopify. Google woocommerce hosts to compare prices.
We use apps to synch our products for example - so we only create products in woocommerce. The app will then create the product on ebay/amazon and also keep stock levels in synch.

#4 17-01-2020 11:11 am

Shoebob1
Shoebob1

Thanks for the replies,

Simply Niknaks, was it easy to import your products from EKM to Woocommerce and did you have variations.

Thanks

James

#5 17-01-2020 01:43 pm

Simply NikNaks
Simply NikNaks

I didnt import my products from EKM to Woocommerce but from eBay to Woocommerce. I had a EKM site but was having trouble keeping stock levels in synch across my website/ebay/amazon. As all my products were on ebay and not EKM it was better for me to import from ebay. However, Woocommerce can import products from a flat file so in theory you could export EKM products and configure to Woocommerce format.

It wasn't too bad importing once I had the configuration correct. The app I used had lots of options.
And yes - I had variations.
=12.8pxThis was about 2 year ago now and the app has moved on since then so it may be a little easier now and I am going from memory.
I think the import did the bulk of the work - so it was workable afterwards but I just needed to do a little 'tidying' up. I had a working system after the import - so it was not like I had to shut up shop for ages - but I checked each product afterwards and did some minor alterations. The app/plugins to woocommerce I used were by WPLister. They have 1 to import products from ebay, 1 to create products and synch stock on ebay and 1 to create products and synch stock on amazon.

Board footer