Packing Partner V3

Download Free 14 Day Trial
Home| Express| Integration| Support

#1 11-04-2018 02:47 pm

footsteps

Click and Drop

So Royal Mail have given me a deadline to move over to Click and Drop so I thought I better have a play.

I seem to have been able to upload an order via packing partner and Click and Drop lets me print a label but when I click the import carrier labels button in packing partner a get a message "There are no labels that match any unshipped records".

Any idea where I am going wrong?

#2 11-04-2018 02:56 pm

Andrew
Admin

Re: Click and Drop

Was the record you uploaded in Collected or Printed?

#3 11-04-2018 03:02 pm

footsteps

Hi Andrew,

It was in collected.

#4 11-04-2018 03:10 pm

footsteps

I have just tried again this time uploading them from printed and I am getting the same message. I can print them via click and drop just not import them in to packing partner. 

#5 12-04-2018 12:21 pm

Ben
Support

On the Click and Drop website, can you please check that A4 Integrated is selected as the template in Settings > Templates

That may be the cause of the issue

#6 12-04-2018 03:10 pm

footsteps

Hi Ben,

Changing to A4 integrated has allowed me to import the labels in to packing partner.

The problem is importing them this way won't let me print them using the layout I have set up for the the standard Royal Mail DMO 6x4 labels that they provide.  

It prints it landscape even though portrait is selected and if I choose landscape it prints too small.

edited to add: they used to pint fine when imported from DMO

Last edited by footsteps (12-04-2018 03:18 pm)

#7 13-04-2018 12:25 pm

Simply NikNaks

I am using Click & Drop with Royal Mail 6x4 labels

However, I don't use the 'Import labels' option in C&D

Instead, in C&D, goto 'Reports'. 'Despatched orders'

When you do this the 'Tracking' icon (looks like a barcode) in PP becomes enabled, click this and tracking numbers are imported.

Your items must be in the 'Printed' tab in PP before clicking 'Tracking'

#8 13-04-2018 12:28 pm

Ben
Support

Importing the labels into Packing Partner will probably be the easiest way. If you need to, you can rotate the labels as they are imported by changing the setting: Tools>Options>Settings then filter for "rotate" and you will see you can change Click and Drop to rotate by 90 degrees, which is probably what you need.

#9 13-04-2018 03:15 pm

footsteps

Thanks for all your help guys - really appreciate it!

I tried the rotate on import but it didn't seem to work as expected. A 90° rotation didn't do anything but a 270° did make the label upside down. Not ideal but not really a big problem but when printed the label quality was terrible compared to if printed directly from click and drop so stuck with that.

I was in a bit of a rush today so hopefully will have bit more time to play on Monday.

Simply NikNaks workaround worked great though, so at least I have managed to import the tracking numbers.

#10 14-04-2018 10:38 am

Ben
Support

It's also worth having a look at the {Label} frame on your layout, as it may have a rotation set to it. Select the frame then from the menu choose Format>Rotate. It's probably easier to work with a zero rotation on the layout, and rotate the label in the settings if necessary.

Board footer